Saturday, July 11, 2009

Google,A New World A Coming

Google is designing the operating system primarily for netbooks that is becoming increasingly popular among budget conscious consumers that are primarily interested in surfing the web. The Google's Website will be based on the search giant's nine month-old Web browser called Chrome. The goal of Chrome is to create a simple yet powerful user experience with no interruptions.

What will this do for education and classroom use? For the classroom use it will be easy to bookmark pages in Chrome but not a necessity. Chrome maintains full text searches in its history so if you've already searched for something then it will take you back to the page you found the first time you ran that search. With Chrome what Google has done is built a browser that is right for today's Internet. It will make the education world of surfing the net for information quicker, cheaper and with a lot less hangups which is something for not very computer literate people like me need.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, I'm doing my homework (commenting on a class member's blog) and I thought I'd see what you thought about the Google vs. Microsoft diddy. I didn't get too much out of it because I'm not very smart when it comes to computers and how they can best work for me--a work in progress! I'm curious for class comments and why Mr. Sullivan wanted us to listen to this. Hope you had a good weekend. Eve

    ReplyDelete